Um, I think I made my tap choreography a wee bit too hard. It's to a big band style song, and it goes really fast. Plus, it only had to be 32 counts long. Mine's 104. Half-time.
Thoughts for Women
We are strong, we are beautiful and we can create a life within our bodies. Never let it be said that we can't do anything we set our minds to.
What a Woman Needs
• One old love she can imagine going back to ...and one who reminds her how far she has come
• Enough money within her control to move out and rent a place of her own even if she never wants to and needs to
• Something perfect to wear if the employer or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour
• A youth she's content to leave behind... ...a past juicy enough that she's looking forward to retelling it in her old age
• The realization that she is actually going to have an old age and some money set aside to fund it
• A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra
• One friend who always makes her laugh... and one who lets her cry
• A good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in her family
• Eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems, and a recipe for a meal that will make her guests feel honored
• A resume that is not even the slightest bit padded
• A feeling of control over her destiny
Every Woman should Know
• How to fall in love without losing herself
• How to quit a job, break up with a lover, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship
• When to try harder... and when to walk away
• How to have a good time at a party she'd never choose to attend
• How to ask for what she wants in a way that makes it most likely she'll get it
• That she can't change the length of her calves, the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents
• That her childhood may not have been perfect... but its over
• What she would and wouldn't do for love or more
• How to live alone... even if she doesn't like it
• Whom she can trust, whom she can't, and why she shouldn't take it personally
• Where to go... be it to her best friend's kitchen table... or a charming inn in the woods when her soul needs soothing
• What she can and can't accomplish in a day... a month... and a year
How To Recognize A Good Woman
A good woman is proud. She respects herself and others. She is aware of who she is. She neither seeks definition from the person she is with, nor does she expect them to read her mind. She is quite capable of articulating her needs.
A good woman is hopeful. She is strong enough to make all her dreams come true. She knows love, therefore she gives love. She recognizes that her love has great value and must be reciprocated. If her love is taken for granted, it soon disappears.
A good woman has a dash of inspiration and a dabble of endurance. She knows that she will at times have to inspire others to reach the potential Goddess gave them. A good woman knows her past, understands her present and forces toward the future.
A good woman does not live in fear of the future because of her past. Instead, she understands that her life experiences are merely lessons meant to bring her closer to self-knowledge and unconditional self-love..